What is Bishop’s Well?
Bishop's Well is a resource to provide clean water to children in Africa by drilling wells, installing equipment to purify and bottle water to drink.
A drilling rig has been donated by Water for the World to The Anglican Church of Kenya and Ekklesia. A matching grant will double your gift up to $25,000!
The drilling rig will be used to dig “bore holes” up to 200m deep to reach clean water. This costs around $20,000 each time it is done.
Facts about clean water around the world:
Every fifteen seconds a child dies from a water-related disease.
As many as 1 in 5 children die before reaching their fifth birthday.
2.1 billion people around the world lack clean water
84% of water-related deaths are in children ages 0-14
How can I participate in Bishop's Well?
Bishop's Well needs your help to fund the drilling of “bore holes” in Africa. All you have to do is save your pocket change in the water bottle bank provided for you. At the end of the project, turn the change into cash add it to your group’s donation. Your contribution will be sent in to Bishop's well and used to help to provide clean water for children in Africa.
Why participate in the Bishop's Well?
• Experience what it is like to make a difference in someone else's life.
• Create a bond between group members as they work together to save lives.
• Teaches students about provision from the Lord.
• Inspires them that they can change the world.
Children all over the world die from the lack of clean water. How can we help them?
• There is a great need for clean drinking water, 1.2 billion people are living without it right now. We take it for granted every day as the average American uses 80-100 gallons of clean water each day. And yet every 15 seconds a child dies from a water-related disease. We must choose to take part in the change that can save billions of people.
• The number of children who lack clean drinking water is great, but by doing something small like saving pocket change, we have the opportunity to provide clean water for schools, and orphanages in Africa for a lifetime!
• We have the chance to make the difference of a future…OR no difference at all. What are you willing to sacrifice so you can save a life?
Make your own coffee 2x per week for a month ... raise $40
Don't buy a coke, for a kid in Africa for 30 days … raise $15
Order tap water instead of a fountain drink for a month ... raise $50
Trade in a restaurant for a sack lunch just 2-3 days each week of a month ... raise $30
• The young people in your congregation are going to save their pocket change for the next month to help in an effort to quench poverty. You can come alongside them by offering your prayer and financial support.
• It is a great privilege to do the Lord's work. By providing clean water for children in Africa, you are participating in providing the Lord's destiny for thousands of lives.
• The more we know about the need in Africa the greater chance we have of providing change and a solution.
• The students in your congregation are taking ACTION. They are collecting change and raising money to provide clean water for children in Africa. They are saving lives just by saving change.
• By choosing to make a difference you are changing lives. Bishop's Well is one of the most effective ways to save lives by quenching poverty in Africa and around the World forever...
They will not hunger or thirst, Nor will the scorching heat or sun strike them down; For He who has compassion on them will lead them and will guide them to springs of water. (Is. 49:10)
By saving your change, you can begin to change the world!